January 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

· I miss Paul Newman. Of course I love Butch and Sundance but my favorite movie of his is Cool Hand Luke. The scenes of him forcing down those hard boiled eggs is a riot.

· I am sure some of you were expecting me to talk about the car wash scene!

· I love great love songs and yesterday on the radio I heard one of the best – Back at One by Brian McKnight
One, you’re like a dream come true
Two, just wanna be with you
Three, it’s plain to see that you’re the only one for me
And four, repeat steps one through three
Five, make you fall in love with me
If I ever believe my work is done then I’ll start back at one

· Along with this song, my ipod favorites are Too Hot by Kool and the Gang, Always and Forever by Heat Wave, Just Once by James Ingram, Three Times A Lady by the Commodores
· I am excited about the inauguration. Even though I am a Republican I do appreciate the historical significance of this event. One of my best friends, Annette Toms, will be there and I look forward to reading her text messages and seeing her pictures!

· The Y was recognized this year by the Minority Business Council as the leading advocate for minority issues this year. I am very proud of this honor because this has been a difficult issue to tackle.

· Did you read the link I posted on my last blog? We are doing that same thing for the players at Crossnore School on Tuesday. I will let you know how it works.

· The Panthers killed me last weekend. As much as I appreciate the toughness of Jake Delhomme, I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle him.

· On Wednesday, I spun on the bike for an hour and then played two hours of full court hoops with the young guys. I couldn’t walk until Saturday. I am getting old.

· Check out my new hobby

1 comment:

ginnnnsane said...

Hey! I was poking around your Facebook because I saw the new picture you posted. I found this link. Please tell me you aren't serious about your "new hobby" video link! I would die of a heart attack before I even fell 10 feet. hehe