July 28, 2010

Who Understands Tragedy?

Why? I can see how easy it is to cry out, "Why have you forsaken me?"

Who understands when the unexplainable happens? I have walked around numb for about 4 days now trying to figure out how and why tragedy strikes. One of two things happen during tragedy, you either run from God or to him. Yesterday during my workout I turned to Him and let my ipod play Bebo Norman, Nicole Mullen, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Kyle Matthews, Steven Curtis Chapman and Brandon Heath.

I remembered that my Redeemer Lives and that Amazing Grace was so sweet. That Jesus is the great light of my world in times of darkness. That I am the hands and feet of Jesus to other people during these dark days. There is tremendous power in prayer. Your heart has to skip a beat when you know that so many people are praying for you and also when you know you are part of the thousands praying for someone else. This is a definite goosebump moment.

God is great and if you could see what I see then you will not run from God you will sprint to him.

Even though my heart is broken my spirit is filled!
I’ll meet you there
Inside the tomb
Beside the cross
Beneath the star

1 comment:

Melissa M. Gordon said...

Amen, amen! The Cleveland County YMCA is blessed to be under such leadership. May we all turn to God in times of tragedy.