October 29, 2015

Giant Footsteps

It is easy to be cynical today. Sometimes I think our lives would be better if we would walk around with real background music playing. That would at least help us capture the special moments.

I keep a pretty close eye on local, state and national politics. As I look back on my life I wish I would have had more political aspirations. A couple of friends told me I wasn't a big enough jerk to be in politics. Then I have those family members that  say no, I am plenty enough of a jerk!

Here are a few thoughts.

A President must grace and honor the office, the highest and most powerful office in the world. The President must serve this country steadfastly and laudably.  

In the end the presidency is more than a simple catalog of policies pursued, crises weathered, battles lost or won.  It's a stewardship and a sacred trust. It’s a commitment to sacrifice every fiber of your being, every thought, every moment, and everything in service to your nation. Despite the political and philosophical differences in our country, the President who does this well and able deserves nothing less than our humble appreciation and heartfelt gratitude.
  
I hope whomever our particular party nominee is, that they strive to be worthy of the example of the great men who have gone before.  Presidents walk in the giant footsteps of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and more.  They have magnificent legacies to uphold.  I pray that our next President aspires to their example, and will daily make that sacrifice.

Our President must honor not just the office, but the people that office serves. 

Now before you boo or applaud this, in all honesty, this is para-phrased from an episode from the West (Left) Wing. Honesty, hmmmm, that's different.

No comments: