February 24, 2008

Random thoughts about my week.

* I had dinner last night with two great friends who April and I hadn’t seen in several years. Both Pastors, Kim and Eddie Ingram, are probably hoping that it will be another two years before we dine together again. I probably spent too much time challenging the Methodist Church. I hate to admit that I need to be somewhat entertained on Sundays, but I need something relevant in my worship experience and the Methodist Church just keeps banging out the same old same old same old….
* The headline on this weeks Time Magazine is Make Great Teachers. Most of the article discussed making teachers more accountable. God forbid we hold an employee accountable for their performance. One educator discussed that in teaching classroom management, our current system stresses rigor and resources but forgets RELATIONSHIP.
* Ryanne turns 14 on the 28th. Our car ride today had her thumbing through the want ads looking at car prices. I guess that is a sign of aging when the birthday presents get more expensive.
* Brooks and I are headed to Washington, DC in early March. A good friend got me tickets to the Wizards game vs the Bucks. I can’t wait for him to walk around that great city at night and see it all lit up!
* We took a personality test at work and I was labeled Wind and Fire. Surprising since Earth Wind and Fire are loaded on to my ipod. My coaching from the test says I should think before speaking – plan more and prepare earlier. I also need to slow down and learn to really listen. My response – everybody else needs to catch up and hold on!
* The Notre Dame hoops team won two big games this week. They came from behind to be beat Pitt and beat a more athletic Syracuse team. They seem to be hitting their stride at the right time.
* I loved SNL last night. I probably haven’t seen much of that in a few years but I wanted to see what they did in their first night back since the writers strike. The take off on CNN’s obsession with Barak Obama was hilarious. Also, Tina Fey is HOT!
* Brooks asked me who my favorite coaches were. My top 5 all time basketball coaches – Dean Smith, John Wooden, Larry Brown, Digger Phelps and Tom Izzo.
* ESPN is doing its all time greatest plays. Nothing should beat the Stanford – Cal game when they score with the band on the field. Doug Flutie’s pass to beat Miami, and the US Hockey team beating the Russians. “Do you believe in Miracles?”
* We have decided on what we will say on the family vacation t-shirts. “Festivus for the Rest of Us!”
GRACE and PEACE,
CAM

No comments: