December 23, 2010

People I will Miss

Leslie Nielsen – His Airplane lines have become part of my basic language. I probably say, “Stop calling me Shirley” at least once a month.


Tom Bosley – The show Happy Days has to be one of the top 5 most impactful shows in my life. Mr. C was the quintessential father, always offering Joanie and Ritchie such great advice.

Barbara Billingsley – Just once in my life I want to come home and have my wife cleaning and cooking in a dress, high heels and pearls!

Dennis Hopper – Best remembered by most for his early works, but I loved him in Hoosiers. “Hey Boys, don’t get caught watching the paint dry!”

JD SalingerCatcher in the Rye may be the only book that I ever really read in high school.

Teddy Pendergrass – While my class mates had rock and roll blasting in their cars, I had “Love TKO” in my cassette deck

John Wooden – Any man that writes his deceased wife a love letter every month on their anniversary is a saint.

I also miss Lane, Puckett, Franklin, Jim, Gina and Stacey. I think of you all often.

1 comment:

Steve said...

No Gary Coleman? What ya talkin bout, Cam?