December 10, 2019

YMCA Advent


Most times when I walk through the lobby, I catch myself critiquing – the furniture is old, there is trash in the corner, or the coffee pots are empty. But then I see the HUG!

It can be the hug of a parent and child when picking up after school. It can be a hug of two old friends re-connecting. It can be a hug of two best friends at the end of an exercise class, wishing each other a great day. And it can be a hug of a member and a staff person, comforting each other over a life event.

Our mission statement is Helping ALL people reach their God given potential in spirit, mind and body. We take great pride in being a welcoming place for ALL people. 

Today I was reflecting on how overwhelmed I am that Jesus has his arms wide open for me every time I enter the Y, welcoming me no matter what burdens I bring. In this season of Advent, let us ask, who in our lives needs to feel our embrace, so that they can feel the embrace of Christ?


No comments: